Тема: London, 2077  (Прочитано 21373 раз)

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
    •  
The Do You Spik Inglish Game

Opening remarks
Внимание, случайные прохожие
Это необычная (учебная) игра. Запись действует только через мои ЛС. Действует фейс-контроль. Могу принять в игру, могу не принять.

Attention to the invited players!
Общие правила игры в «мафию» все знают (если подзабыли – бегом спрашивать). Но этот вариант – необычный. Он не просто письменный – он медленный. Такой темп позволяет усложнить правила и сделать игровой процесс более аналитичным. Не пугайтесь объёму правил: ещё до старта игры у вас есть пара дней освоиться. Сейчас (до начала Ночи 1) можно писать на русском и задавать любые вопросы. Спрашивайте про любую мелочь! Впрочем, сама игра обычно только раскачивается первые игровые сутки или двое – во время игры тоже не стесняйтесь неспешно осваиваться, спрашивать и переспрашивать. Все необходимые детали запомнятся, а если нет – они всегда под рукой. Рекомендую сразу держать при себе листочек и ручку или программу-заметку: некоторые вещи удобней записывать.
Если непонятно, как вообще всё это выглядит и как им пользоваться – можно посмотреть, например, в FAQ, соседних играх или на других форумах.
Сам этот форум тоже, наверное, смотрится немного непривычно. Потренироваться в управлении можно у меня в ЛС.

Со стартом Ночи 1 в теме можно писать только на английском языке. (За пределами темы – как угодно). Не стесняйтесь пользоваться любыми переводчиками в обе стороны, словарями, моей помощью, не бойтесь писать слишком просто или с ошибками. Главное – пишите, больше – лучше. Я буду вести игру более-менее сложным около-художественным языком. От вас никакой художественности также не требуется.

A-a-and once we've all gathered here in London today, honorable ladies and sirs, let us accept some out-of-game gentlemanly rules, shall we?

• Be nice and respectful to each other. Don't use swear words. Don't flood (i.e. don't spam meaningless messages). Don't post off-topic. For off-topic chatting, there will be a special thread.
  • Think twice before writing and sending your message. Editing your posts in this thread is technically impossible (for you, that is).
  • I am in no way able to check if you play fair or not. I bet someone someday will cheat and discuss the game IRL. But—PLEASE—avoid it at all costs and stay anonymous. Believe me, the more fun it'll be in the end to learn who played with you and which role they had.

Game Rules

Prologue
2077 CE, London, the capital of Great Britain, Inc. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead station. The vile wind was swirling gritty dust and newspaper shreds. At the end of the street, a large coloured hologram had been projected on the pavement. It depicted simply an enormous face, more than six metres wide: the face of a woman of about unbelievably old age, with a lovely salad green hat and the pinkish metallic glow emanating from the depth of her eyes.

Queen Elizabeth II-2.0, having gone through an impressive series of augmentations a few decades ago, managed to turn London initially in a city-state, independent from the rest of the remnants of the old glorious British Empire. Next, London became a giant financial corporation and at the same time—it's headquarters, with millions of employers. The team of her loyalists, carefully crafted, eventually made the queenly business the world finance monopoly, rebuilding the Empire, vaster and mightier than ever.

The whole world gradually plunged into desperation, living for one goal: to cover the debt it owed the Queen. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. Money's nowhere to find, punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do. The air turned unfit to breathe and the food turned unfit to eat, and people are drugged with tap-supplied tea and VR sets, escaping to Cyberspace—a consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation around the world, while some local influencer tells us that today we had fifteen suicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

In 2077 London, among them, was voted the worst city to live in. Sky-high rate of violence and more people living below the poverty line than anywhere else are the main issues. You can’t deny that it’s all true—but everybody still wants to live here. This city’s always got a promise for you. It might be a lie, an illusion—but it’s there, just around the corner, and it keeps you going. It’s a city of dreams and hopes. And many big dreamers, dreamers of hope and freedom, showed themselves in these tumultuous times—and they came to their goal much closer than one could think.

Game Roles

Roles look like this:
Role Name
Flavor text
Weapon: armed/unarmed. Wording doesn't matter.
Ability: names don't matter, it's easier to call them after their effect (kill, heal, check, block, etc.)

Priority Order
A. Unblockable
01 Traits (Passive abilities)
02 Mimicry*, Offers (Overhaul, Darjeeling, Assam, Chifir, Turing test) // offers go through & answer needed anyway, but effect can be blocked. If Turing test blocked, Liz gets results without publishing. The action that was mimed has the same priority as the original action and is executed immediately after it.

B. Action manipulations
03 Rabbit Hole // If Alice and Blocker order each other, Alice wins, otherwise she can be blocked
04 Watchdog, Meme, Chifir/block // Any Blocker can be blocked; mutually directed, blocks cancel out each other (fail due to block).
05 Darjeeling, Assam, Bribe // cancel blocks if successful, but can be blocked themselves

C. Data
06 Yahoo!, Arms collector, Old Guard// to get acquaintance before lose ability later same night
07 Big Brother (+Old foe), Intimidation (+Old foe), Authority
08 Turing test (publication)
09 Drink Me

D. Life
10 Presentiment
11 (a) Hard Cash (b) Solidarity (c) Overhaul
12 Passive protections
13 (a) Last goodbye, (b) Mafia kill/Cleanup/Headshot (c) November 5th (d) Haircut (e) Chifir+kill // if kill each other, both die
14 Veteran: simultaneously with the attack

E. End day data
16 Solicitude
17 White hat

FAQ
General notes
- The game starts in full capacity from Night 1. No "no-kill nights", no "no-lynch days", no "let's be friends week", no nothing. Ultraviolence right off the bat.
- No dead roles are announced neither in the morning news nor in the evening ones. Some hints are possible, though. Read the newsletters carefully.
- I don't accept any Night Actions during the day. I don't count any votes given during the night. That is to say unless you have an emergency and want to leave your order before going offline.

Night

1. Abilities are divided into Active Abilities (Actions) and Passive Abilities (Traits). You need to go out at night in order to do Actions, while Traits work permanently. All your Actions are enumerated; Traits are not. If you have 2 different Actions, you have to choose 1 that you use that night. You can also skip your turn and do nothing. In any case, write me during the night so that I know that that's your decision and not an offline.

2. Mafia Kill. The Hand has 1 kill every night. One of The Hand goes for a kill instead of his/her personal Action (in other words, Mafia Kill is an Action shared by the group). If there is only 1 The Hand member left alive, he/she can do both Kill and 1 of Actions at the same time. In this case, both Actions can be blocked, seen or otherwise changed by other players. Mary Poppins' Actions are exceptions as she needs to use them together with the Kill Action in order to make them work.

3. Acquaintance means the ability to talk to each other directly. Mafia gets a chat on any platform of their choice, with GM's presence. They can discuss there anything and anytime they want. The same goes for Labour Union (we have an additional chat comprising Jeeves, Oliver, and me). The same goes for Old Guard from the night they get to know each other. In all other cases, any communication between the players outside this thread is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this rule may lead to Modkill.

4. Cooldown Rule. Any kind of Protection (Overhaul, Hard Cash, Solidarity, Assam) and Action manipulation (Watchdog, Meme, Darjeeling, Chifir, Intimidation, Eloquence, Rabbit Hole) cannot be applied to one player two nights in a row. Likewise, Bennet's Turing test and Orlando's Mimicry have a 1-day cooldown.

5. Priority Order. All actions are executed in strict order (e.g. blocks go first, healings go last). For example, changing action's target goes before blocks. That means that if Alice redirects Jekyll and Jekyll blocks Alice, then Hyde's Action will be redirected to someone else. I will publish the full Priority Order list, but the main thing for you to know now is that I don't have any liberty to manipulate the Night results in any way here.

6. ...Night Results. At the end of the night, the players get the results of their actions. They get either Fail message, Success message, or Idle message (e.g. Sherlock "successfully" healed someone alive and well). Also, you learn about the redirection of your actions, failed kill attempts that you survived, and any changes in your role (e.g. Sherlock learns when loses his Old Guard ability, Dr Moreau learns when he loses his Authority ability). I'll even try to inform you about all the failed passive abilities (e.g. "You didn't find Moreau" for Sherlock every night), just to double-check. Don't be shy to ask me if I forgot something.

Day

1. Vote is an Action (Day Action), thus, all the Action rules are applied to Votes. (Basically, it explains why you can't manipulate votes of the same person twice in a row.)

2. Vote Count. I'll count all the votes every now and then so that you don't get lost. (But you can take that job if you want). All the Vote manipulations are not displayed during interim vote counts. However, they are displayed when the final Day results are announced. For instance: if Candidate A gets 5 votes, and B – 4 votes, but one of who voted for Candidate B got Intimidated, then in final voting results you'll see 5 and 3 votes accordingly. Also, vote manipulations change the vote limit: if 10 players are left and 1 player is blocked from voting, only 5 votes are needed.

3. Hints. Same, but in short and English: there are hints that the killers leave after successful murders. It means that in the Night results that I publish in this tread, there are some hints to the player that murdered. At first, the hints are rather difficult to crack (trust me), but the later phase the game is in, and the more murders the same player performs, the easier the hints get. The hints may be given to the player's nickname, avatar, status or signature, so do not change them until the game ends! They are an important part of the game mechanics.

More questions!

0. I'm not sure how X works.
ASK ME! NOW!

1. What is counted as Sherlock's success (that gives him additional data)?
If he saved someone's life from a real murder attempt.

2. Is Killing and Lynching the same?
Basically, yes. I just use the word Lynching for votings. But they all die horribly.

3. Some abilities protect from "one kill attempt", while others—from "all attempts". What's the difference?
The difference is minuscule but real: if one player gets two Kills on the same night, only the all-attempts-protection will save him. No type of protection saves from Heashots (as they "ignore one protection"). But if the player has more than one protection, then the Headshot won't work.

4. I didn't get that Bennet's Turing test feature.
It's tricky, yes. It has several important limitations.
a. It must be general questions (so that one can answer "yes" or "no").
b. They must not include any roles. ("Do you know Mary Poppins?")
c. They must not repeat. (By asking the same question three times, you could get a 100% proof answer). It also means that it must not be the same question, but rephrased in different words.
d. The interviews must not repeat from night to night; at least one question must be changed.
What questions are allowed? Well, something like this: "Are you armed?", "Are you sociable / Do have friends?", "Did you visit X last night?", etc. Be creative, but compose them carefully.
Also, e. Bennet has a cooldown and can't test herself.

5. Will I spend my special action if I don't have a Success result?
Yes. Use them wisely.

6. What does "offers" mean? Who would agree to take in chifir?
It means that the player gets an offer of something at night. It might be any sort of tea or Sherlock's Overhaul, but the target doesn't know what they've been offered. So, it's a sort of Russian roulette but with lots of prizes.

7. Does the block prevent a player from visiting his target? (Asking for my friend Jeeves).
Yes, if you're blocked, then you're social-distanced for the night.

8. What if Biggles shots and gets shot dead the same night? Where does his single shot go to?
It is used accordingly to the Priority order. Counterattack is used simultaneously with the killer's Action.

9. What if, say, Marple check Sherlock, but Sherlock's been already killed the same night?
Marple stands upon Sherlock's body and yells "No-o-o!" for a minute, yet they're still getting acquainted (i.e. get the chat).

10. Can the Mafia Kill be doubled by Darjeeling?
No, it's not a certain's role ability. But the killer gets the ability to do his/her personal ability along with the kill.

11. What is counted as "unwelcome actions" Assam can protect from?
Any action that doesn't benefit the target, except for killings. Here's the list.
For everyone: Intimidation, Big Brother, Watchdog, Meme, Rabbit Hole, Chifir
Only for non-Survivalists: Yahoo!, Arms collector, Solicitude, Drink Me, Turing test
Only for Todd: Presentiment

12. Can I have a list of Alice's "Action types" for Drink Me?
Of course, there you are.
Life: Hard cash, Headshot, Haircut, November 5th, Overhaul*, Last goodbye, Presentiment, Solidarity, Chifir (50%)
Data: Cleanup, Big Brother*, Yahoo!*, Arms collector*, Solicitude, Drink Me, Turing test
Action: Bribe, Watchdog, Meme, Rabbit Hole, Darjeeling, Assam, Chifir (50%)
Communication: Intimidation, Authority. When the marked (*) abilities fulfill Traits' requirements (Old Guard, Old foe), they're also seen as Communication actions.
Mimicry: no permanent type. It is seen of the type that was mimed by Orlando, Example: Orlando mimes Solicitude, then Alice checks Orlando and gets the "Data" result because Solicitude is a Data-type Action.

13. Can Orlando use two different Actions with the same effect in a row? E.g. Watchdog for Night 1, and Meme for Night 2.
No. The Cooldown rule also works with Mimicry, although a bit differently. Orlando can't mime the same Action type the next Night. Furthermore, Orlando can't copy the Action with the same effect. Here's one more list for my dear listophile friends—all the Actions from one group cannot be mimed one after another.
Block: Watchdog, Meme, Rabbit Hole.
Buff: Authority, Bribe, Darjeeling, Assam.
Protection: Hard cash, Overhaul, Solidarity.
Orlando can't mime Kills and Turing test at all. Kill Actions are: Mafia Kill, Cleanup, Headshot, Haircut, November 5th, Last goodbye, Chifir.

14. What's up with Orlando's statuses?
Easy: they correspond with the Action Orlando mimes that night. Example: Orlando mimes Meme; Meme is Christopher's Action; Christopher is positive and unarmed; consequently, Orlando will be positive and unarmed this night. If Orlando skips the night, the previous night's statuses stand. 

15. Blimey! My tinker is going to blow up because of this stupid November 5th action! Can you tell me a bit more about it?
Okay sure... When Todd tries to blow up Mr X, he is able to kill Mr X and all his guests, including himself (but remember that he has 2 protections), with 50% chance each. I just go down the players list and roll the dice; if one gets 1-3, he/she dies.
For doing this, Todd visits only his target, and not each guest individually. If—with a bit of luck—no one dies, Todd has the Night result "Success, everybody survived".
To defuse the bomb, Jeeves visits Todd. If there's no bomb to defuse, he gets the "Idle" result. If the bomb is defused, Jeeves gets the "Success" result; Todd, the "Fail (defused)" result. It's not a block, as Todd still went out and visited his target.
...I hope I mentioned everything!!

Log

Survived (2):

14. Miss Marple
15.   — Griffin the Invisible

London 2077 featured (15+1):

01. Alice “Smol Bean” Liddel
02. => jekyll001 / xXxhydexXx
03. Biggles
04. Doctor Moreau the Artie
05. Orlando
06. Sherlock Watson, MD
07. Sweeney Todd
08. LIZ Bennet
09. Ebenezer Scrooge
10. Oliver Twist
11. Christopher Robin
12. Reginald Jeeves
13. Mary Poppins
14. Miss Marple
15.   — Griffin the Invisible
99. George E. G. WattThe Mad Hatter
« Последнее редактирование: Апреля 30, 2020, 06:34:52 от shryggur »

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
      •  
    The registration starts now!

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
        •  
      Все кто в списке (конец стартового поста) – уже зарегистрировался и может писать здесь свободно. В День 0 можно писать на русском. Все кто не зарегистрировался – у вас двое суток (до 09.04 10:00) на то, чтобы написать мне в ЛС. Го!

Оффлайн Falcon hunting

•  
        Let's make England great again!

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
            •  
          Половина обещавшихся тута. Половину ещё ждём денёк. До вечера доведу роли до релизной версии и приступлю к раздаче.
          #staysafe

Оффлайн pastor chivay

•  
            окей, первым, кто задаст вопрос — буду я. можно ли описывать свои действия как-то художественно (на английском, офк), лол, или нужно сухо, чётко – конкретно, что сделал, кого убил, прогулялся ли и всё в таком духе?

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
              •  
            Креатив не обязателен по механике, хотя лично  я - исключительно за (:

Оффлайн l10ha

•  
              назревает еще один вопросик!при описании можно ли использовать упоминание других игроков? например, я встретил их там-то и мы делали что-то

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                •  
              Помимо того, вы можете описывать что угодно и как угодно. Я могу обыгрывать ваши описания в своих текстах при случае. Но влиять на игру они никак не могут, т.к. для механики игры имеют значения только ваши игровые действия.

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                  •  
                Должны подтянуться ещё несколько камрадов – и примерно через сутки начнём.
                Изучаем пока правила и роли!
                « Последнее редактирование: Апреля 08, 2020, 20:23:24 от Game Master »

Оффлайн l10ha

•  
                  эта игра не выходит у меня из головы! я просыпаюсь  и первая мысль, которая появляется в моей голове, связана с этой игрой. она еще не началась, но я уже хочу, чтобы она ДЛИИИИЛАСЬ ВЕЧЧЧНООО.
                  из вышесказанного появляется следущий вопрос!
                  как долго будет это все длиться? заранее спасибо><

Оффлайн pastor chivay

•  
                    эта игра не выходит у меня из головы! я просыпаюсь  и первая мысль, которая появляется в моей голове, связана с этой игрой. она еще не началась, но я уже хочу, чтобы она ДЛИИИИЛАСЬ ВЕЧЧЧНООО.

выражаю полнейшую солидарность. мне бы хотелось играть вечно. пока не отсохнет последняя нога и не оторвётся последний тромб. (///)

Оффлайн l10ha

•  

выражаю полнейшую солидарность. мне бы хотелось играть вечно. пока не отсохнет последняя нога и не оторвётся последний тромб. (///)

пока сердце не откажет! я думаю, что эта игра станет частью нас всех!

Оффлайн pastor chivay

•  

неужели человек с такими же взглядами на жизнь... :&#039;]

Оффлайн l10ha

•  

неужели человек с такими же взглядами на жизнь... :&#039;]

нашелся... чувак, я был бы рад пообщаться с тобой в ирл! пиши мне в личку

Оффлайн Юми

• silver
                              •  
                            Я буду с удовольствием следить за этим  :*

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                •  
                              Вечно :)
                              Да не знаю, от недели до месяца-полутора. Как пойдёт. Ну а если всем понравится и будет возможность – сделаем сиквел.
                              Так-так... А ЭТО ЧТО ТАКОЕ, А? :pff: НАРУШАЕМ?!

Оффлайн pastor chivay

•  
                                Так-так... А ЭТО ЧТО ТАКОЕ, А?  НАРУШАЕМ?!

...НИ В КОЕМ СЛУЧАЕ. мы, можно сказать, спасаем эту тему от всемирного потопа, даже вопросов увеличилось!.. больше не будем.

Оффлайн l10ha

•  
                                Вечно :)
                                Да не знаю, от недели до месяца-полутора. Как пойдёт. Ну а если всем понравится и будет возможность – сделаем сиквел.
                                Так-так... А ЭТО ЧТО ТАКОЕ, А? :pff: НАРУШАЕМ?!

п п п п простите... я не хотел !  но поддерживаю моего нового коллегу! мы пытаемся раскачать этот молчаливый чат

Оффлайн pastor chivay

•  
                                Кстати говоря, у пары персонажей есть вот такая вот тема:
                                >if checks N or B, gets acquainted with them
                                это значит, что игрок может узнать, кто именно скрывается за определённой ролью и в дальнейшем они могут сотрудничать, если я правильно понимаю? :Д

Оффлайн l10ha

•  
                                  Кстати говоря, у пары персонажей есть вот такая вот тема:
                                  >if checks N or B, gets acquainted with them
                                  это значит, что игрок может узнать, кто именно скрывается за определённой ролью и в дальнейшем они могут сотрудничать, если я правильно понимаю? :Д
                                  хотел бы быть братанами с тобой!
                                  а если серьезно, то может ли участник из ''культа" сдать своих?

Оффлайн pastor chivay

•  
                                    l10ha, >братанами
                                    брата-а-ан!.. <З

Н-ну, кстати, думаю, что может конечно, это ж от игрока зависит, может, он таким образом от себя подозрения отведёт.
                                    ...энивей, я не ГМ, так что за правильность не ручаюсь, но думаю, что так qq

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                        •  
                                      Ух, правильные вопросы задаёте!
                                      Я готовлю большой FAQ, где все такие двусмысленности будут оговорены. Просто не хотелось сходу нагружать ещё одной стеной деталей – так что сходу её осваивать будет не обязательно, но вы всегда сможете проверить все спорные моменты.

Отвечая на ваш вопрос: да, они становятся как маленькая добрая мафия :3 Со своим чатом и всем таким.

PS: осталось 1,5 вакантных места!
                                      « Последнее редактирование: Апреля 09, 2020, 13:35:14 от Game Master »

Оффлайн Uranium235

• silverthorium
                                        • Хватит бездельничать-Пора имитировать деятельность
                                          •  
                                        PS: осталось 1,5 вакантных места!
                                        only 1 mb, except u use face-control block to me.

Мда, скорость печати падает в разы когда я пытаюсь писать так. Я постараюсь закончить вопросы побыстрее.

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                            •  
                                          So yeah, like, 1 more to go :D I can make up some new roles though, only that it'll delay the game start for a couple of days again. Well, we'll see.

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                              •  
                                            Righty-ho, sires and mesdames, we are about to commence. The registration is closed. I'm sending you the roles; please, confirm that you got yours. I think we'll take a day for this and some other arrangements (e.g. getting The Hand acquainted). Use this time to learn your role, but also—to read the new information that you can see below.

First of all, we have a few important additions and amendments in the rules and in the roles. They're So Important that I'll write them down in Russian!

Из правил п. 12 вычеркнуто слово «прямо». Теперь правило звучит так: «Запрещено раскрывать информацию, известную вам по роли». Это правило распространяется и на «лжевскрытия». За нарушение этого правила могут последовать санкции вплоть до модкилла. Напоминаю, что подобные последствия могут быть из-за нарушений ещё нескольких правил: длительный оффлайн без объяснений; общение вне игровой темы; нарушение правил форума (если коротко – не оскорблять, не разжигать и т. п. – вы всё это знаете); изменение никнейма или информации в профиле во время игры. Всё это звучит, может быть, довольно строго. Но достаточно просто быть душкой – и всё будет хорошо :)

Насчёт последнего момента (изменения в профиле): в п. 6 к «НЕ меняйте отображаемый никнейм» приписано «и другую видимую информацию в профиле». Зачем это нужно?

– Вы могли обратить внимание, что на форуме есть два игровых раздела: РАКИ и УЛИТКИ. Это потому что в раках играют по рангам, а в улитках есть УЛИКИ (hints, хинты). Что это такое? Это то, что убийцы оставляют на месте преступления и что я описываю в «газетах». Как они выглядят? Представим, что у нас есть игрок под никнеймом, э-э, Мишенька, и наш Мишенька сегодня идёт убивать. Я описываю сцену убийства, там много разных слов – и «...рядом с трупом жертвы нашли горшочек мёда». Мишки любят мёд – убивал мишка. Бывают ассоциативные загадки: нашли рядом... рядом нашли... БУР. Потому что мишка БУРый. И вообще какие угодно. Стиль улик в этой игре вы распознаете со временем.
                                            Как правило, хинты, разумеется, гораздо сложнее. Пусть рядом с жертвой нашли блестящий ковш. Блестят звёзды, созвездие большой ковш, оно же – Большая медведица. We need to go deeper! Нашли не ковш, а... четыре. жестяных. банки. Почему? Потому что жесть – материал – алхимический элемент – Юпитер – четвёртый спутник Юпитера назван Каллисто – по мифологии превращена в медведицу. (Жесть? Жесть). И так до бесконечности.
                                            В первые ночи загадки сложные почти до неразгадываемости (я сымпровизировал пример с банками). Чем дальше заходит игра и чем больше убийств совершает одна и та же роль, тем проще становятся улики. В любом случае, улики – это всё-таки скорее подспорье, предложение к диалогу. Не зацикливайтесь на них. У вас и так море информации для осмысления.
                                            Тем не менее, именно из-за улик информацию из профиля, которая отображается в теме игры (никнейм, аватарка, подпись, статус) менять нельзя. Выйдет неловко, если они потеряют актуальность. Кастомизируйте, пожалуйста, свой профиль до конца Ночи 1.

Некоторые роли серьёзно изменились. Прошу прощения за такие поздние и сильные перестановки, но баланс сам себя не поправит, да и избавиться кое-где от лишних сложностей и вероятностей не повредит. Что, эм, um, what has been changed:
                                            1. Poppins does not cut the corpses anymore. Now she can do 2 kills without leaving any trace. Also, her Headshot ability was rephrased.
                                            2. Now Todd cuts the corpses. Instead of random info, he learns the role of his victim.
                                            3. Orlando was heavily reworked. Now they can choose any Action from existing every night, and use it (say, 1st night Overhaul on X, 2nd night Authority on Y...). Two exceptions: no kills, and no repeated Actions for two nights running. Their second ability is eliminated. The target knows about Orlando's visit. Their victory conditions are also replaced: now Orlando has to survive and vote for the losing side the last day before the game ends.
                                            4. Jeeves' Eloquence is replaced with Presentiment; now he controls heat during at night rather than at daytime.
                                            5. Alice redirects players' actions not randomly, but according to the players' list.
                                            6. Bennet's questions have been limited; instead, she gained immunity from Todd's Haircut ability. 'cuz lady Bennet, y'know, ain't got no damn hair to cut, bruh. She's an app.

– The Opening Post has been changed. All the now-irrelevant information was hidden under Spoilers, and the FAQ was added. You can also read the FAQ under the spoiler below. I'll keep writing it as the game proceeds and I get more fresh questions to answer.

FAQ
                                            General notes
                                            - The game starts in full capacity from Night 1. No "no-kill nights", no "no-lynch days", no "let's be friends week", no nothing. Ultraviolence right off the bat.
                                            - No dead roles are announced neither in the morning news nor in the evening ones. Some hints are possible, though. Read the newsletters carefully.
                                            - I don't accept any Night Actions during the day. I don't count any votes given during the night. That is to say unless you have an emergency and want to leave your order before going offline.

Night

1. Abilities are divided into Active Abilities (Actions) and Passive Abilities (Traits). You need to go out at night in order to do Actions, while Traits work permanently. All your Actions are enumerated; Traits are not. If you have 2 different Actions, you have to choose 1 that you use that night. You can also skip your turn and do nothing. In any case, write me during the night so that I know that that's your decision and not an offline.

2. Mafia Kill. The Hand has 1 kill every night. One of The Hand goes for a kill instead of his/her personal Action (in other words, Mafia Kill is an Action shared by the group). If there is only 1 The Hand member left alive, he/she can do both Kill and 1 of Actions at the same time. In this case, both Actions can be blocked, seen or otherwise changed by other players. Mary Poppins' Actions are exceptions as she needs to use them together with the Kill Action in order to make them work.

3. Acquaintance means the ability to talk to each other directly. Mafia gets a chat on any platform of their choice, with GM's presence. They can discuss there anything and anytime they want. The same goes for Labour Union (we have an additional chat comprising Jeeves, Oliver, and me). The same goes for Old Guard from the night they get to know each other. In all other cases, any communication between the players outside this thread is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this rule may lead to Modkill.

4. Cooldown Rule. Any kind of Protection (Overhaul, Hard Cash, Solidarity, Assam) and Action manipulation (Watchdog, Meme, Darjeeling, Chifir, Intimidation, Eloquence, Rabbit Hole) cannot be applied to one player two nights in a row. Likewise, Bennet's Turing test and Orlando's Mimicry have a 1-day cooldown.

5. Priority Order. All actions are executed in strict order (e.g. blocks go first, healings go last). For example, changing action's target goes before blocks. That means that if Alice redirects Jekyll and Jekyll blocks Alice, then Hyde's Action will be redirected to someone else. I will publish the full Priority Order list, but the main thing for you to know now is that I don't have any liberty to manipulate the Night results in any way here.

6. ...Night Results. At the end of the night, the players get the results of their actions. They get either Fail message, Success message, or Idle message (e.g. Sherlock "successfully" healed someone alive and well). Also, you learn about the redirection of your actions, failed kill attempts that you survived, and any changes in your role (e.g. Sherlock learns when loses his Old Guard ability, Dr Moreau learns when he loses his Authority ability). I'll even try to inform you about all the failed passive abilities (e.g. "You didn't find Moreau" for Sherlock every night), just to double-check. Don't be shy to ask me if I forgot something.

Day

1. Vote is an Action (Day Action), thus, all the Action rules are applied to Votes. (Basically, it explains why you can't manipulate votes of the same person twice in a row.)

2. Vote Count. I'll count all the votes every now and then so that you don't get lost. (But you can take that job if you want). All the Vote manipulations are not displayed during interim vote counts. However, they are displayed when the final Day results are announced. For instance: if Candidate A gets 5 votes, and B – 4 votes, but one of who voted for Candidate B got Intimidated, then in final voting results you'll see 5 and 3 votes accordingly. Also, vote manipulations change the vote limit: if 10 players are left and 1 player is blocked from voting, only 5 votes are needed.

3. Hints. Same, but in short and English: there are hints that the killers leave after successful murders. It means that in the Night results that I publish in this tread, there are some hints to the player that murdered. At first, the hints are rather difficult to crack (trust me), but the later phase the game is in, and the more murders the same player performs, the easier the hints get. The hints may be given to the player's nickname, avatar, status or signature, so do not change them until the game ends! They are an important part of the game mechanics.

More questions!

0. I'm not sure how something works.
                                            ASK ME! NOW!

1. What is counted as Sherlock's success (that gives him additional data)?
                                            If he saved someone's life from a real murder attempt.

2. Is Killing and Lynching the same?
                                            Basically, yes. I just use the word Lynching for votings. But they all die horribly.

3. Some abilities protect from "one kill attempt", while others—from "all attempts". What's the difference?
                                            The difference is minuscule but real: if one player gets two Kills on the same night, only the all-attempts-protection will save him. No type of protection saves from Heashots (as they "ignore one protection"). But if the player has more than one protection, then the Headshot won't work.

4. I didn't get that Bennet's Turing test feature.
                                            It's tricky, yes. It has several important limitations.
                                            a. It must be general questions (so that one can answer "yes" or "no").
                                            b. They must not include any roles. ("Do you know Mary Poppins?")
                                            c. They must not repeat. (By asking the same question three times, you could get a 100% proof answer). It also means that it must not be the same question, but rephrased in different words.
                                            d. The interviews must not repeat from night to night; at least one question must be changed.
                                            What questions are allowed? Well, something like this: "Are you armed?", "Are you sociable / Do have friends?", "Did you visit X last night?", etc. Be creative, but compose them carefully.
                                            Also, e. Bennet has a cooldown and can't test herself.

5. Will I spend my special action if I don't have a Success result?
                                            Yes. Use them wisely.

6. What does "offers" mean? Who would agree to take in chifir?
                                            It means that the player gets an offer of something at night. It might be any sort of tea or Sherlock's Overhaul, but the target doesn't know what they've been offered. So, it's a sort of Russian roulette but with lots of prizes.

7. Does the block prevent a player from visiting his target? (Asking for my friend Jeeves).
                                            Yes, if you're blocked, then you're social-distanced for the night.

8. What if Biggles shots and gets shot dead the same night? Where does his single shot go to?
                                            It is used accordingly to the Priority order. Counterattack is used simultaneously with the killer's Action.

9. What if, say, Marple check Sherlock, but Sherlock's been already killed the same night?
                                            Marple stands upon Sherlock's body and yells "No-o-o!" for a minute, yet they're still getting acquainted (i.e. get the chat).

10. Can the Mafia Kill be doubled by Darjeeling?
                                            No, it's not a certain's role ability. But the killer gets the ability to do his/her personal ability along with the kill.

11. What is counted as "negative actions" Assam can protect from?
                                            Any action that doesn't benefit the target, except for killings. I'll put the list later.

12. Can I have a list of Alice's "Action types"?
                                            Of course! But a bit later, okay?

13. Can Orlando use two different Actions with the same effect in a row? E.g. Watchdog for Night 1, and Meme for Night 2.
                                            No. "Action type" rules also work here, although a bit differently. Orlando can't night-block twice, but can night-block and then day-block. All the details will be added a bit later. I promise! It's just a lot of lists to do.

14. [Enter your question here]

« Последнее редактирование: Апреля 10, 2020, 06:50:30 от Game Master »

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                                •  
                                              There will be flood!
                                              « Последнее редактирование: Апреля 10, 2020, 10:35:01 от Game Master »

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                                  •  
                                                It was raining. The holograms were all leering and the Union Jacks were all dead at the top of their poles. They were trapped in the belly of this horrible machine called London, and the machine was bleeding to death. The sewers were all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides, and a dark wind blew.
                                                Also, free drinks at The Mad Hatter all nite.

Night 1 fell on London.
                                                You may send your Night Actions now. Deadline: 00:00 am, Sunday.

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                                    •  
                                                  Important note: the players are allowed to write in this thread at night. Sometimes it is prohibited, but it's a different time now.
                                                  Just in case.

Оффлайн Game Master

• Administrator
                                                      •  
                                                    Ladies, gentlemen and others, we have a replacement! has been replaced by ! Let's greet a new prey player!